Re: DVD Paranoia?

On 5/1/2010 7:24 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 03:52:30PM -0500, Mark Allums wrote:
If you are interested in DVDs under Debian, note that a useful thing to
know about is the videolan project

http://www.videolan.org/

They provide libdvdcss and libdvdplay, useful libraries to install,
which are not included in Debian.  (non-DFSG)

VLC also has a neat "stream to file" feature.  I've used that many times
to backup DVD movies, or to get them onto my MythTV machine.  Ron, I'm
not sure that'll help your situation, but you might want to give it a
shot.  If you need help with that, let me know.

I should say for a reminder that the V and L in VLC stand for videolan, and those libs I mentioned above are (I believe) occasionally useful, but are old.

The main point being that VLC has a lot of nice features, you should check them out.

MAA