Re: DVD Paranoia?

On 5/1/2010 4:07 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:
If you are interested in DVDs under Debian, note that a useful thing to
know about is the videolan project

http://www.videolan.org/

They provide libdvdcss and libdvdplay, useful libraries to install,
which are not included in Debian. (non-DFSG)

I've already installed packages vlc (it's my player of choice) and
libdvdcss2.

Are you saying that I should install upstream instead?

No.

vlc is part of videolan project.

If Debian infrastructure serves your needs, then ignore my suggestion.

Upstream of libdvdcss (not libdvdcss2) and libdvdplay are all years old, anyway.

MAA