Always do a full backup first [Re: Broken dependencies]

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 17:20:56 +0200, Alois Mahdal wrote:
Hello,

because a stupid mistake, I have interrupted apt-get during early
stage of dist-upgrade from Lenny to Squeeze.

Now I cannot get apt-get working and I don't know how to fix it.

I know it's cold comfort, but this is the reason why people say "Before you do a major upgrade, always do a full backup. And be sure you know how to do a full "bare-metal" restore from that backup, just incase you actually need it!"

Enjoy!

Rick