Re: NVidia MCP61, no sound...

On Sat, 01 May 2010 15:52:46 +0200, Andrea Giuliano wrote:

> Alsamixer doesn'i show muted input. Not does gnome-volume-settings. I
> also checked out gnome-sound-properties, and it gives no errors at all,
> as if it thinks everything is working fine.
>
> Here is the output from amixer:

Only "master", "PCM" and "capture"?

No "mic" and no additional "aux" or "surround" outputs? :-?

> and here is /proc/asound/cards
>
>  0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
>                       HDA NVidia at 0xf9ef8000 irq 22
>
> I'm going to try a LiveCD or such, but I'm not very optimistic.

Modern motherboards use to include 5.1 or 7.1 audio channel chipset, it's
a bit weird your amixer output only shows 3 devices...

This may sound silly, but have you tried to plug the speakers jack in all
the outlets available?

What does "aplay -l" say?

Greetings,

--