Re: NVidia MCP61, no sound...

Alsamixer doesn'i show muted input. Not does gnome-volume-settings. I
also checked out gnome-sound-properties, and it gives no errors at all,
as if it thinks everything is working fine.

Here is the output from amixer:

Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 42
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 34 [81%] [-12.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 34 [81%] [-12.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 255
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 255 [100%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'Capture',0
  Capabilities: cvolume cswitch
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Capture 0 - 31
  Front Left: Capture 20 [65%] [13.50dB] [on]
  Front Right: Capture 20 [65%] [13.50dB] [on]

and here is /proc/asound/cards

 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xf9ef8000 irq 22

I'm going to try a LiveCD or such, but I'm not very optimistic.

Thanks anyway.