Re: [OT] Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:13:22 -0400 (EDT), Bob McGowan wrote:

> I run Ubuntu on my laptop, because I got tired of the manual Nvidia
> setup every time the kernel changed.

I have been a regular on this forum for several months now, and I
know from experience that the topic of the proprietary nvidia driver
has come up as a topic of frustration many times.  I have a couple
of machines at home with nvidia cards in them, and I plan to do
some research in this area and publish my findings on a web page,
assuming that I can find something useful to say.

But first, I've got to get my taxes done!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :