Re: Good Use for ClamAV

Freeman wrote:
I'll always be slowly catching up on comp tech.
I was using Knoppix and ClamAV to remove a virus for a friend when the
futility of it all hit me.  The free anti-virus hopscotch game that windows
users play to feel safe.  What wasted energy--over an OS I boot into maybe
7% of the time.  They screw up half the time.

There isn't a big demand for ClamAV on the Debian partitions of a
laptop/desktop.  But I'll be scheduling scans of the XP partition from
Debian.  Doh!

There is even a ClamAV *win32* for the unlucky.

How ClamAV is really good?
I don't have any problem with my XP last ~2y. since when I'm on Debian. NIC is disabled and driver uninstalled :-) In fact, rarely use it.

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic