Re: NOW: Stay away from lshw! WAS: Retrieve hardware and modules info..

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 04:43, Stan Hoeppner <stan@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Ron Johnson put forth on 4/4/2010 9:08 PM:

> Your analogy, regardless of how cute, sarcastic, and applicable you believe
> it to be doesn't fit.  If I run lshw, it will lock the system every time,
> not only after adding salt to the machine for 40 years. ;)

Have you considered that it might be your computer that actually
throws the match into the barrel in the first place?  Could it be that
a 3rd party library or any other obscure inconsistency (impossible to
happen on your system, of course!) could cause lshw to lock your
system? Maybe it's a bug in some app that locks your system when lshw
probes it...

Have you checked logs to try and debug it?

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail