Re: Debian And Advanced Layer3 9924T

Andreas Weber put forth on 4/3/2010 7:27 AM:
> Alejandro Esteban Galvez wrote:
>> Hi, users. I have the Debian Lenny 5.0 and a Advanced Layer3 9924T
>> switch, but when i connect the pc to the layer3, the switchs blocks
>> the network. Any idea?
>
> I had the same once with a switch. It could be a problem of hardware
> incompatibility.
>
> Try changing the switch with a different model to see if it's just a
> problem of your network interface and the switch hardware.

Telling the OP to throw out a multi thousand dollar 24 port managed GigE
switch due to a minor issue with one PC or server is not very sage advice.

This is the switch in question, no?
http://www.alliedtelesis.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=152&lid=40

The problem is mostly likely due to VLAN configuration (or lack of) or a
duplex issue.  Are you trying to use jumbo frames on the PC in question?
That could also be part of the problem as well.

With most managed switches you can log in and look at metrics on a per port
basis.  Look for the MAC address of the PC in question in the switch logs
and/or diagnostics.  That should be helpful in figuring out what the problem is.

--
Stan