Re: squeeze d-i fails at grub install on raid1

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 12:35:50 -0400 (EDT), Paul E Condon wrote:
> For installing Squeeze, I think the business card CD is more useful
> than the daily build. The business card CD has far less new stuff
> burnt onto the media, only what is absolutely necessary to setting up
> the local end of the link to the remote repository. This should be
> quite stable, but it should work next week, or next month, in those
> windows of opportunity when the remote repository contains working
> versions of all the packages that you are interested in installing.
>
> And I also prefer it to installing the current stable (Lenny) when
> the purpose is to immediately dist-upgrade to testing (Squeeze).
> The details of automating the dist-upgrade are rather slow to be
> debugged as they are seldom used. Once per early adopter of testing.

Your mileage may vary.  On the s390 architecture, a recent post
indicates that the daily build version of the installer is the
only one that will even boot!

http://lists.debian.org/debian-s390/2010/03/msg00015.html

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>