Re: 127.0.0.1 not answering to ping, yet other computer can ping me.

On 1 April 2010 20:40, Wayne <linuxtwo@gmail.com> wrote:
> When the servers are back up install the 'debian-reference' package.
>
> Read it.  It has a section on networking - read it.  You would not have
> started this if you had done this.
>
> Most if not all problems can be solved by reading through that manual.

Thank you! I will spend some time reading that this weekend.

> As to one of your previous questions.  Don't try to read the logs.
> Google for 'Linux Books".  Read through the Table of Contents of the offered
> books and select those that you think would be helpful.

There really is nothing on log files! I really think that I might be
the fool who compiles all the messages online with a quick
explanation, as was suggested. It would be a great learning
experience.

> Another place to check is the archives of this list.  Look there for
> post relating to you current problem.

Of course! I usually either grep the archive that I've acquired in
Gmail or search these:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/topics
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.laptop/topics

Thanks for the patience and the tips.