Re: 127.0.0.1 not answering to ping, yet other computer can ping me.

>> Adding lo to /etc/network/interfaces fixed the problem.
>
> I'd wonder why there wasn't a lo in the first place...

I broke it trying to force the computer to take a specific IP address.
One of those issues that I decided to learn by doing, rather than
bugging the list about. Only when I got seriously stuck did I waste
the list bandwidth, and even then only with a very specific question.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com