Re: Bluetooth keyboard trouble

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 03:34:18 -0400 (EDT), Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Thu,01.Apr.10, 07:47:49, martin wrote:
>> This last days my keyboard has stop working. If I just let the computer start
>> as normal, nothing works. The keyboard in question is a logitech dinovo edge
>> with bluetooth connection, using the included receiver. I have observe the
>> following:
>>
>> * When trying to type on the keyboard, a red bluetooth icon appears on the
>> keyboard
>> * In grub the keyboard works as normal
>> * If continuously pressing enter in grub to until the network has been setup,
>> the keyboard will work for a while. If leaving the computer and coming back
>> later, the may or may not work keyboard.
>> * There is a built in mouse that is affected as well.
>>
>> I'm currently running up-to-date testing. keyboard is fully charge.
>>
>> Any ideas what can be wrong is appreciated :)
>
> It sounds to me like some power management feature...

That would be my guess too.  You might want to put your monitor to sleep to
save energy, but you definitely don't want to put your keyboard to sleep to
save energy.  And if the mouse is built-in to the keyboard, it's even worse.
There's no way to wake it up again, unless you can login remotely via ssh,
or something like that.

Did this behavior begin with a kernel upgrade?  That would be my first guess.
Try booting the old kernel and see if the problem persists.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :