Re: connecting to WPA wireless network with ipw2100

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 01:31AM +0100, Seb wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I just aquired an IBM Thinkpad X31 laptop and have to work out the
> wireless (amongst other things). The firmware (firmware-ipw2x00) and
> drivers are installed and working (I think).

I got some more clues by setting my Wireless Access Point to unsecured
mode for a test and succeeded in connecting to it without any
problems. So it's a WPA issue. So at least I know that now (and I know
that the firmware and drivers are loaded and working).

Does the chipset need to have built-in support WPA for it to work or
does it only depend on the configuration of wpasupplicant et al, I
wonder?

I'm running Linux 2.6.26-2-686 by the way. Gonna compile a custom
kernel for this machine though using the 2.6.32 kernel from backports.

Any tests/hints appreciated...

TIA, Sebi

--
There are two problems with a major hangover.  You feel
like you are going to die and you're afraid that you won't.