Re: debian squeeze tmp directory no space left

nico skrev:
i constantly get the error no space left on device when the user try to
write on tmp directory, and there is space on the directory also root
can still write on it.
Maybe there is some configuration issue that don't know about squeeze
Any help will be apreciate.

I believe the installer allows and recommends reserving some space for the root user on partitions. The intention is that a user should not be able to make the system unbootable by filling the disk.

Your symptoms are what I would expect if the device has filled the non-reserved space, and only the root-reserved space is left.

I do not know how to find info about the reserved space, nor how to change it.

/ johan