Re: convert a bitmap in pdf, into jpg or png.

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 09:07:25AM -0800, peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
>> What is recommended for converting a bitmap in pdf, into jpg or png?
>>
>> xpdf.man remarks,
>>   "Save as...
>>               Save the current file via a file requester."
>>
>> Does this mean that xpdf can do the conversion?  What is a file requester?
>
> I use ImageMagick's convert tool
>
> convert image.bmp image.png
> convert image.bmp image.jpg
> convert image.bmp image.pdf
>
> There are various options, though. This might be a good starting
> point:
>
> http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php
>
> Kumar

The OP asked, I believe, for conversion from pdf to jpg/png.

ImageMagick's 'convert' also does it:

  convert abc.pdf abc.jpg

Each page of the PDF file becomes one image file, named abc-#.jpg, where
'#' is 0 to (pdf pages - 1).

You could then use 'gimp' or some other image editing program to crop
the page image down to just the desired part.

--
Bob McGowan