Re: Automatically remounting CIFS share

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Jon Dowland <jmtd@debian.org> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 04:29:23PM -0500, Scott Gifford
wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised there isn't a solution that's less
> messy, though.

There is: the automounter.

Maybe.  The files on the server are accessed very frequently, so I'm not sure it would ever be unmounted; if the automounter unmounts on error it might be helpful though.  Also I have never seen it argued that the Linux automounter is not messy.  :-)

I may see if I can access the same NAS over NFS, if so that may be the cleanest solution.

Thanks for your response!

----Scott.