Re: Air compressors vs. canned air

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:28:17AM EST, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:24:19AM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:

[...]

> have you tried running an old one through the dishwasher? works for
> the old model m's and many other keyboards...

Yes, I've heard that before, but I have never tried it.

But since it's not a matter of individual keys getting stuck, I don't
think the problem is caused by stuff collecting under the key caps.

What seems to be happening is that I am a rather 'energetic' typist, and
those keyboards were never designed to cope with intensive typing in the
first place. As a result, after a few months' use, the little rubber
nipples that are meant to push the keys back up when they are released
start wearing out and lose their elasticity.

Thanks,

CJ