RE: Basic Statistical Tool

From: ogyachief@hotmail.com
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Basic Statistical Tool
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:00:36 +0200

Dear All,

I need a basic statistical tool such as the Data Analysis Add-in in MS Excel. I have installed MS Office 2007 on Debian Sid but the add-in installation fails. I know Gnumeric has similar functions to Excel's but it lacks some features for graphing that I need. For example, in Excel, linear regression produces graphs in addition to the table of data. I need this feature. OpenOffice.org Calc does not have data analysis feature at all.
I have also looked at R but it has a steep learning curve. I need a tool to do an assignment this week.

Are there any tools similar to the Excel Data Analysis tool? What happened to KOffice in Sid? apt-cache search koffice does not turn up anything. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ogya

Just to make a correction:
  I am referring to correlation and not regression plots.