Re: Air compressors vs. canned air

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 07:51:06PM +1000, Adrian Levi wrote:

> > Please don't use the readily available R-134a bottles.  I am not yet
> > convinced of the environmental safety of this coolant.
> >
> > Timothy Legg
>
> I can vouch for this, R134A is not an ozone depeting refrigeratnt but
> it is still a greenhouse gas and at approximatley 1300 times worse,
> weight for weight with CO2.

I use 16 gram CO2 cartridges for emergency filling of bicycle tires.  Saw a
gun designed to incorporate them into use on computers and bought it.  It is
kind of week, short lived and expensive @ $2.5 each.  Hadn't considered the
environmental aspect.  But it is rare-use.

Also have a vacuum cleaner attachment for keyboards. It has 23 tubes, 3/16 x
4 inches, with tiny brushes on the ends.  Looks like a strange sex toy.
Can't remember where I got it.  Surprisingly, the silicon rubber tubes are
still very bendy.

Works really well but I don't know about components with the brushes.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman