Re: Debian installation on laptop with damaged screen

At Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:47:26 +0100,
Odd wrote:

> I get picture through the VGA port, but only after XP has
> booted. I thought I'd install Debian, but of course the picture
> defaults to the laptop's screen, and I cannot see enough
> of the picture to progress with the installation.
>
> I tried to see if I could set the default display through the
> bios, but the screen is so damaged that that's not an option
> either.
>
> So, it seems I'm stuck with XP, unless someone has a clever
> idea?

Maybe there is a function key on the keyboard that toggles the display
port? I remember having an old dell notebook with the same problem and
was able to toggle the display using a keyboard combination.

What leads to an important question: What model is it?

HTH
 -- David

--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6