Re: Looking for: A quick how to make a deb from a (kernel) rpm

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:46:44 -0500 (EST), Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> I have stable, backports, testing, unstable, and even experimental.  Sorry,
> DDs have not yet packaged anything newer than 2.6.26 that includes the Xen
> patches.  I thought there were also some possible trademark issues with newer
> Xen releases, so it's possible there's some delay there as well.

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about xen (isn't that a
particular sect of Buddhism?  :-) ) but it looks to me like the xen
kernel patches have been mainstreamed since 2.6.26.  See, for example,

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/linux-patch-debian-2.6.32

According to this web page, the xen patches are already included
in the Debian kernel source tree for 2.6.32.