Re: Grandma uses Logitech Vid, how to chat with her with Debian?

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 16:02:29 -0500, S. Fishpaste in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 08:59:40 -0500, Celejar in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 07:52:06 +0000
>> Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:

>>> The protocol it uses is Jingle. I'm not sure if either one of Empathy,
>>> Pidgin or Kopete support video in it. In fact, I'm not sure how well
>>> they support audio in it.
>>
>> Last time I tried, Pidgin wasn't working very well:
>>
>> http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/10697
>
> Ah sorry guys for the wrong direction.

Replying to my own post; Have new information.

Since GChat doesn't work on Linux, looks like this new product will;
They claim that no plugin is required.
http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/02/08/social-os-pipio-dropped-beta-tag-friends/

Perhaps you and your Grandma can sign up -- FWIU it's free.