Re: gnome CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor nagging for password

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 04:40:00PM +0000, josé Santos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way for stopping Gnome's CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor from
> constantly nagging for the root password when I want to change my cpu's
> frequency? Google wasn't much help, nor the CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor
> 2.28.0 help information on the application.
>
> Thank you.

There have been occasional mentions of sudo here, as if it were no big deal.
In my original learning, it is a big deal.  That is, su, not sudo, is "the
Debian way," whatever that is.  I've never noticed a discussion of its
approval, maybe because the mentions were secondary to the main point.

However, a *cautious* sudoers file, that absolutely does not contain
programs that represent a security risk if hi-jacked, can be a boon.  Not
for of the feint of heart--at least I found it a tough learning curve.

My suoders file requires no password from me.

cpufreq-set is listed in it.

That would let a Gnome app set the governor

or

 $ sudo cpufreq-set -g ondemand

or, my preference, put above aliases named for each governor, etc.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman