sarg does processes the logs in desired way.

Good day.

I have some problems w/ the squid reporting including sarg.

First, I want squid to store its access info for at least a month - or else sarg will not be able to process the info, therefore it will be out of the requested reports (as it runs once a month).

Second, as I have noticed, sarg processes only files named access.log, in case access.log.1 or more over access.log.2.gz - it will not process - at least that what I have noticed, trying to generate reports manually for the dates I had in *.1 and *gz and it would not saying "no records" - until I renamed/unpacked the files to access.log. It is true that in sarg.conf is a line pointing to access.log, BUT how I can point to derives from it like *.1 and *gz - or it is not possible w /the stable Debian sarg version?

So, if You any views on how the above 2 problems can be solved, please, share Your knowledge.

In any way, thanks for Your time.

PS Please, reply to the list.