Re: Virtualization - what do You recommend?

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 12:19:49PM +0100, Rafa? Radecki wrote:

> I plan to use virtualization in my production environment. I plan to use one of
> the following options:
> - KVM;
> - VMWare Esxi;
> - VMWare Workstation.
>
> I plan to install Windows 2008 as a guest. I want to use something like LVM
> snapshots for backups. Stability is also very important, the guest will be used
> as a production server.
> Which option could You recommend and why?

I use VirtualBox.

Before you decide you can have a look at a recent Linux Journal article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10528 with the title:
Virtualization Shootout: VMware Server vs. VirtualBox vs. KVM

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the
      world. If any man love the world, the love of the
      Father is not in him...And the world passeth away, and
      the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God
      abideth for ever."             I John 2:15,17