Re: Mplayer - can it play audio cd's.........

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:35:39 +1100
Charlie <ariestao@clearmail.com.au> wrote:

Note - in my experience (FWIW - I'm no expert) the answer to any question with the words 'mplayer' and 'can' is 'yes'.

> $ mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/media/cdrom1 cdda://track1
>
> gives this error message:

> Playing cdda://track1.
> The start option must be an integer: track1
> Option hostname: Error while parsing m_span parameter start (track1)
> Struct cdda, field hostname parsing error: track1
> Can't open CDDA device.
> Failed to open cdda://track1.

I've never done this, but it looks like 'track' ought to be an
integer.  What happens when you try

$ mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/media/cdrom1 cdda://1

Celejar