Re: installing X with apt-get

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:49:40 +0100
Attila Csosz <csosz77@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install a minimal X window system with 'apt-get install',
> with a simple window manager (for example icewm). How to do that?
> I tried "apt-get install xserver-xorg xbase-clients xinit" but still
> have a font problem (X exiting)
> What is the simplest command for later use?
>
> Thanks

Here's the fonts I've got on my system.  I'm running as simply as I
can, with openbox for a window manager (and lxpanel).  Don't even have
a "login manager" or whatever it's called.  Just startx using .xsession.

ii  libxfont1                                       1:1.4.1-2
             X11 font rasterisation library
ii  xfonts-100dpi                                   1:1.0.3
             100 dpi fonts for X
ii  xfonts-base                                     1:1.0.3
             standard fonts for X
ii  xfonts-encodings                                1:1.0.4-1
             Encodings for X.Org fonts
ii  xfonts-mathml                                   4
             Type1 Symbol font for MathML
ii  xfonts-utils                                    1:7.6~1
             X Window System font utility programs

Brian