Re: Serious filesystem bug?

Slobodan Aleksić schreef:
Hello everyone,

I don't know how to catogorize this:
I am using Debian/Squeeze on a laptop with an encrypted ext3 filesystem. (Encryption done through the debian-installer). I have a h2-database running. It got corrupted many times. I had to " touch /forcefsck" and after a reboot and the forced filesystemcheck all was again okay. The same problem appeared with downloaded ISOs. I ran md5sum checks on the ISO and they were wrong. After forcing a fsck at boottime the md5sum of the ISOs were correct!
This is not the unique, might have been unnoticed, filesystem usage that you'd expect for new bugs to occur. So my guess is that there might be a problem with your hardware. What does
 smartctl -H /dev/yourdrive
tell you? Also try
 smartctl --test=short /dev/yourdrive
and then
 smartctl --test=long /dev/yourdrive
Hopefully this uncovers something useful.

Sjoerd