Re: Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter works with squeeze / gnome

Dne, 30. 12. 2010 17:53:28 je Peter Tenenbaum napisal(a):
Klistvud -- Here is the output of lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 0846:4260 NetGear, Inc. WG111v3 54 Mbps Wireless
[realtek RTL8187B]

So the chipset happens to be one of the ones which is well-supported, but I had no way to know this prior to purchase (and believe me, I tried to find out). Fortunately a user posted a review to Amazon saying that it worked
for him on his linux desktop.

-PT

Had you bothered to ask in advance on this list -- and had I seen your post -- I could have told you that I have a v3 card and that the v3 model works in Squeeze. I could have told you also that it does *not* work in stock Lenny (although it does in newer, backported Lenny kernels). I think that the v2 model works in stock Lenny, but have no means of checking that.

Anyhow, all's well that ends well.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.