Re: Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter works with squeeze / gnome

Dne, 30. 12. 2010 10:47:16 je Camaleón napisal(a):
On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 20:10:07 -0800, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:

> I recently had to add wifi to my squeeze / gnome desktop. Based on some > reviews I bought a Netgear WG111 USB wifi adapter, and I found that when
> I plugged it into a USB port on my desktop it worked instantly -- no
> configuration or package installation necessary.
>
> Is there a repository where these sorts of success stories are tracked?

Debian has a wiki, maybe you can get an account to edit/add this useful
data:

http://wiki.debian.org/WiFi#USBDevices

Also, mentioning it here is a good way to broadcast the good news ;-)

You should probably add your lsusb output too. That's because not all WG111 are created equal: IIRC, the WG111 has switched chipsets -- and consequently, drivers -- when going from .v2 to .v3. A good resource on Linux-compatible wireless adapters is the Backtrack website http://www.backtrack-linux.org/ because they also gather information on the "monitor" mode of various cards.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.