Re: X Keyboard layout trouble

Hi,

question - when you started the installation, did you choose a German keyboard layout? I'm somewhat new at this as well, and I don't know dwm, but I've always chosen English as my language and German with no dead-keys for my keyboard layout and I never had a problem. You can configure X(-org) for various keyboard layouts, but it may be easier for you to try a re-installation with de and no dead-keys.

If you do not want to re-install, then you may want to start here:
http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.5/doc/input/XKB-Config.html
http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg

or do a Google search for 'x-org keyboard config debian' where you'll find more info.

Enjoy,
Robert