Re: dpkg upgrade: no query to proceed with upgrade

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> My Sid upgraded dpkg from 1.15.8.6->1.15.8.7 and now apt-get
> dist-upgrade no longer asks if I want to proceed, but starts the
> upgrade immediately.
>
> Anybody else notice this, or is it just me?

I have:

  ii  apt            0.8.10         Advanced front-end for dpkg
  ii  dpkg           1.15.8.7       Debian package management system

And dist-upgrade is behaving normally for me today:

  16 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
  Need to get 11.2 MB/37.8 MB of archives.
  After this operation, 188 kB of additional disk space will be used.
  Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Bob