Re: Debian Squeeze and Intel 82830 GC on Thinkpad X30

> Possibly someone out there has a working xorg.conf for this amazingly
> long lived little laptop?

I use Debian testing on my X30 with an empty xorg.conf.
The switch to "kernel mode setting" (KMS) seems to have brought its
share of problems, tho: without KMS the i810 driver won't start any
more, and with KMS, the text console doesn't display (so I get a blank
screen for a large part of the boot, until X starts up, which is
a problem when X fails to start up or when booting to single user mode).

In case it matters, it seems that KMS is controlled via
/etc/modprobe.d/i810.conf (and you may have to update-initramfs after
changing that file).

        Stefan