Re: OT: emacs + psgml + console = NFG

"Eric d'Alibut" writes:

> I need to maintain some docbook-website sites on remote hosts to which
> I have only console access via ssh  (no X).
>
> But even on local hosts, running emacs in the console (with '-nw')
> gives bad results with psgml. I can get to the 'Markup' menu via the
> keyboard, but if I try to insert an xml element, the process bombs
> with:
>
> "sgml-element-menu must be bound to an event with parameters"
>
> Is this a bug in psgml? In emacs? (Heaven forfend there could be a bug
> in emacs! Arrwk!)
>
> Any help or high caliber abuse gratefully considered.

So it works well with X?

What happens if you try to use that command not using the menu but
directly, that is, using its key binding or M-x?

If you don't know how it is called the function for the command in the
menu, open emacs in a X session, C-h k and then click the function in
the menu.

--
Alberto