Re: Problems with Pacemaker + Corosync after reboot

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 21:06 -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm beginning to test HA clusters with GNU/Linux and for that I
> decided to try Pacemaker + Corosync in Debian Lenny following this [1]
> howto.
>
> Both packages were installed from the Backports repositories. But I am
> observing that if after configuration I reboot a node, it fails to
> join to the cluster after the boot.

Hi there,

I am trying the same with Squeeze (in VMs) and there are the same
issues. Sometimes it seems to work fine, but then there is the same
issue with just corosync. I also bought the Clusterbook from O'Reilly
(no idea if this is available in english [1]) but I have no clue what I
am doing wrong. I haven't found much useful documentation (beside the
same links you've already mentioned).

I've heard that Pacemaker and Corosync causes a lot of issues and it's
not very reliable and better to run Pacemaker with Heartbeat. Is this
true ?

Regards
Peter

[1] http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/pdf_linuxhacluster2ger/index.html