Re: lenny squeeze etc etc

On Tuesday 21 December 2010 22:16:42 Mark Goldshtein wrote:

It is, however, easier if the names are in some easily remembered progression
(e.g. Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty etc.) than if they are random (Woody, Sarge,
Etch, Lenny ...)

-----

I always found Ubuntu's system more confusing in terms of actually REMEMBERING the names in the first place, though the alphabetical progression thing does make finding a given release's place in the timeline easier.

I rather like Debian's naming system, but then again I liked toy story and find the system cute. ...I really dig cute!

It all comes down to different people like different styles and things, not everybody will be pleased no matter what you do, so you find a system that in some way works and matches the heart of what your project is about. (Hacker humor?) And you move on, it really is not that big a deal!

TeddyB (<--- cute! LOL)