Debian Lenny Crashes

Hi,

I have a problem with my Debian Lenny server.

I have a SMB/CIF connection to NetApp storage. On the storage space is about 250Gb of files.

When I run the following command to remove the files, in the root of mounted directory, rm -R *
This causes the server to reboot. Today using konqueror when I looked at the properties of a folder, it crashed the server and causing it to reboot.

The Server is HP Prolient server, with 2 Xeon processors, 20Gb of ram and raid 1 for OS, separate disk for swap and 1.9Tb of raid 5 storage.
The networking is currently configured using only on network port. The kernel is 2.6.26-lenny11.

Any comments or thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks

Will