Re: Does somebody know how to install mintbackup for Debian

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 23:06:51 +0000, Lisi wrote:

> On Saturday 18 December 2010 18:43:06 Camaleón wrote:
>> Linuxmint is based on Ubuntu which is based on Debian... so, in the end
>> what you have is a ".deb" file but I would not mix packages from
>> different distributions: it could work or it could give you nothing but
>> headaches :-)
>
> Not necessarily.  There is now a version based on Debian instead of
> Ubuntu. Tho' the rest of your comment obviously stands.

He, he... yes, I know :-)

But the OP said plain Linux Mint (not "Linux Mint Debian Edition", in
short "LMDE") and while LMDE is compatible with Debian repositories, the
opposite does not have to be necessarily true (besides, LMDE does not
have yet a 64-bit edition).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón