Re: Weird icon colors in squeeze (ppc). Which package should i file a bug report for?

On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:43:43 -0500, Andrew Engelbrecht wrote:

>> Maybe your icon's cache file is corrupted somehow :-?
>>
>> You can try to update it with "gtk-update-icon-cache" command (read the
>> man page for a proper usage). Or you can also try by renaming the
>> original "/usr/share/icons/your_theme/icon-theme.cache" file so it gets
>> recreated from scratch.
>
> I updated the the icon cache for the gnome icon set (which is what the
> Clearlooks theme uses). I also tried renaming the cache file and
> updating it again. Neither strategy fixed the problem. The thing is, the
> default gnome icons work ok for Aramanth, but not for Clearlooks or
> other themes.
>
> The issue seems related to the display of different types controls.
> Selecting controls (in the customization pane) other than those used in
> Aramanth, seems to cause the issue. Also, I'm guessing that open office
> writer uses its own controls settings, as the theme looks the same (and
> the buttons all look yellow) despite the theme settings.
>
> Any other ideas?

Hummm... you can download a new icon set from here:

http://art.gnome.org/themes/icon?page=1

Uncompress it and put the folder under "/usr/share/icons/" and then
customize your Clearlooks theme by selecting this new icon set to be
used. Relogin and check for any improvement.

In none happens and you are still getting the weird yellow background, I
would go for BTS... which component fill the bug against? Well, maybe
"gtk2-engines" :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón