Re: How to change security option for usb stick automatic mounting?

On 16/12/10 13:46, gulfstream wrote:
It works, but it is limited.

this is a point of view:

I could not add entry for every usb stick.

if security is involved, it is a very good idea.

A better method is needed.

you need a method for a generic USB stick:
you may want to play with udev directly:
udev can set up default privilegies and default ownership:
I can only guide you here, because udev is evolving:
the set up for Lenny and  for Squeeze are not the same.
(I have to update my obsoleted Lenny udev files on my Squeeze boxes).
Google may help you further.

Jerome

gulfstream

2010/12/16 Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net