Re: How to change security option for usb stick automatic mounting?

On 16/12/10 13:28, gulfstream wrote:
If I mount the usb stick manual, the fstab will take effect. But
automatic mounting need not this file. System find usb stick and mount
it automatic. I do not find which file control it.

One possibility is to give a name to your USB stuff, then at mount stage fstab will checked.
If an entry exist for your USB dev in /etc/fstab , for example

/dev/card        /media/card         vfat    users,uid=65534,gid=6,umask=007,noauto  0 0

then your USB stuff will be mounted accordingly.

You may want to write with udev rule to identify your USB.

Jerome

gulfstream

2010/12/16 Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net
<mailto:g6299304p@rezozer.net>>

    Hi,

    you can configure it as root in /etc/fstab

    see  fstab(5) and mount(8)

    Jerome