Re: Is squeeze compatible woth WD20EARS and other 2TB drives?

Jochen Schulz:
> Klistvud:
>>
> I don't have a serious performance issue, though. There's an encrypted
> LVM volume on top of it and throughput is limited by the CPU (Atom D510)
> at about 20-25MByte/s. An unencrypted volume I just created for this
> test yields 72MByte/s write and 98MByte/s read throughput on the RAID.
>
> Just out of curiosity, I will try reformatting the drives and see
> whether the results for unencrypted access change.

They don't. But that might be due to misalignment of the RAID and/or
LVM. At least mdadm complains when re-adding the drives after
repartitioning:

jigsaw kernel: [309626.806978] md0: Warning: Device sdd1 is misaligned

I am not sure what exactly is misaligned here. I don't think it's the partition
anymore, since parted like the new layout. At least it doesn't complain.

Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start  End          Size         File system  Name     Flags
 1      2048s  1953118384s  1953116337s               primary

J.
--
When driving at night I find the headlights of oncoming vehicles very
attractive.