Re: What are the dependencies of the gcc-4.2-base package?

On 2010-12-13 11:50 +0100, Frank Church wrote:

> Aren't ubuntu questions welcome here?

Depends on the type of question.  In any case, please mention that you
are using Ubuntu, and which distribution.

> I thought that at this kind of low level Ubuntu and Debian are the same.

Except that you would not have this problem with gcc-4.2-base in any
current Debian distribution.

> Many Debian packages work on ubuntu unchanged.

And many others don't.  Worst of all, some packages may be unchanged but
don't work due to changes in _other_ packages that Ubuntu deploys.  This
mostly affects packages in universe which are imported from Debian and
built automatically, but might never have been tested by anyone in
Ubuntu.

Sven