Re: [OT] Mail list issue.

in-line :-

On 09/12/2010, Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:

<snipped>

> As fas as I know, Debian lists don't use mailman. But either way:
> everybody can send mail to the lists, you don't have to be a subscriber.
> It's just a good idea to subscribe to the no-traffic-list "whitelist" in
> order to make it past the spam filters:

First of all thank you all for your kind inputs. I did as pointed out.

a. Subscribed to whitelist-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with subject:subscribe
b. Unsubscribed from debian-user by doing
debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with subject:unsubscribe.

Testing this part as well.

> http://lists.debian.org/whitelist/

Thank you for the info.

>> I did the next thing I could think of - filed the bug/issue
>
> You placed the request at exactly the right place, it's just that I
> think you can achieve what you want without actually subscribing to any
> list at all.

The thing/issue was because its not as explicit as I wanted to know.
After the discussion above I went (again) to
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/ and do see the "To send an email
to a list, simply send it to the submission address."

Now I don't want to get all hypothetical but don't know if you do get
a bounce-message if a list explicity needs subscription.

Thank you all for your patience. My issue has been resolved. If
somebody does add comments or wants to say something don't forget to
CC me in as well.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल