Re: What is possible with static ip?

Yeah im doing that now, got dynamic ip and a free dyndns account.
Running xampp and wordpress without problem.
Gonna try setup some ftp for buddies and stuff i need when im away.

fredrikfritte@gmail.com [X10]

Den 8 dec 2010 07.19, "Stan Hoeppner" <stan@hardwarefreak.com> skrev:

Matt Smith put forth on 12/7/2010 3:32 PM:
> I discovered my isp has assigned me a static ip.
>
> Does this mean I can make files available over the internet, if I want to
> leave a box running 24/7?

Yes, but you can do the same thing with a dynamic IP address and a
dynamic DNS service.  A static IP is not a requirement to "host"
anything.  I ran a home mail/web server for many years on SBC DSL with a
dynamic (PPPoE) address.  Many tens of thousands of other geeks have as
well. :)

--
Stan