Re: Exim 4 appends CR to subject line

On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 07:45:28 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 12:46:08PM +0000, Camale??n wrote:

>> > Any ideas where to poke around?
>>
>> What makes you think Exim4 is adding a carriage return in the subject
>> line? :-? Does it happen for _all_ the e-mails passing through your
>> Exim4 server or just for _some_ of them?
>
> Good question. Some internally generated emails (i.e. from Cron jobs)
> don't show them. Sending from mailx appends CR in some cases, not in
> others. Sending from mutt appends CR.
>
> I wonder if perhaps the answer is buried deeply in ancient C libraries,
> the Dead C Scrolls, perhaps. :-)

X-)

I would try to find an error pattern, maybe by looking into messages
encoding. Are all the generated messages using the same character
encoding (us-ascii, iso-8859-1, utf-8...) or they differ?

I'm more inclined in thinking MUA (or any script that is generating the
messages) being the guilty here.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón