Re: Extremely large level 1 backups with dump

Peter Tenenbaum:

> Paul -- thanks for the suggestions.  I guess that, since I am not using a
> tape drive for backup, there's no good reason to use dump rather than rsync,
> and the latter will leave me with a navigable file tree on the backup
> drive.

If you are going that route anyway, I suggest you take a look at
rsnapshot. It uses rsync to make incremental snapshots of arbitrary
levels (like daily, weekly, monthly etc.) and generally does all the
work you would otherwise have to script yourself. It can do remote
backups and use snapshots of (local) LVM volumes as well.

J.
--
If I won the lottery I would keep all the money and wallpaper my house
with it.