Re: To make unreadable a functional system.

On Seg, 29 Nov 2010, Sthu Deus wrote:
Sorry, didn't got an idea: Yo say that I can make encrypted right from
the box (Debian) - then why do I need to have a live CD and then adhust
my FS settings?

You can create encrypted filesystems, but you cannot encrypt on the fly one that already exists.

Can I make separate passwords (if one is necessary to boot) - for
accessing the FS and for just booting?

As I've told in the other e-mail, booting requires accessing the FS.

May there are some special projects on this?

If You would be looking for such a solution - which Your keywords for
searching the web would be?

Try "unicorn". :-)

***

I still haven't fully understood exactly what you want. The idea I have is essentially impossible, but maybe if you explain it in more detail a viable option can be presented.

--
You have Egyptian flu: you're going to be a mummy.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br