Re: To make unreadable a functional system.

Thank You for Your time and answer, Eduardo:

> It would have been easier to set up encryption while the system is
> being installed. The debian installer can do that for you, as a
> matter of fact.
>
> Afterwards, I'd recommend booting a live distro of your choice,
> backing up the data, creating an encrypted partition, restoring the
> data and then editing /etc/fstab and other places where it might be
> necessary to change the filesystem references. You might need a new
> initramfs too.

Sorry, didn't got an idea: Yo say that I can make encrypted right from
the box (Debian) - then why do I need to have a live CD and then adhust
my FS settings?

Can I make separate passwords (if one is necessary to boot) - for
accessing the FS and for just booting?

May there are some special projects on this?

If You would be looking for such a solution - which Your keywords for
searching the web would be?

Thanks again for any help.